Cotton candy has always seemed magical to me, it’s wispy charm appealed to me as a child and I was always drawn toward cotton candy stalls at school fêtes or at fairgrounds. Now, I’ve realised just how much it looks like snow and what a wonderfully decorative feature it would make a a Frozen themed party. It is also quite versatile in it’s use, from desserts, to drinks and of course easy, child-pleasing Frozen-themed party favours!
Frozen themed desserts using cotton candy
It’s simplicity is genius, but simple peaks of blue cotton candy look just like the North Mountain.
And balls of blue or white candy floss are very realistic snow balls.
Cotton candy wands make a stand out centre piece on your Frozen-theme dessert table.
Frozen themed drinks using cotton candy
Frozen themed snowball cocktail, using white cotton candy
Whipped cream flavoured vodka mixed with lemon juice makes this drink a perfect combination of sweet and sour!
- 2 measures, fluid Whipped Cream Flavoured Vodka
- 1 measure, freshly squeezed lemon Juice
- 1 “ball” of white cotton candy
- Sugar or white sugar pearls, to frost a martini glass
- In a shaker filled with ice cubes, put in 2 shots of whipped cream vodka and one shot of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Shake well.
- Place the cotton candy in a martini glass rimmed with sugar or white sugar pearls. Strain the cocktail over the cotton candy, “melting” the snowball and infusing the cocktail with sweetness.
Frozen themed kid’s mocktail using cotton candy
This strikingly beautiful children’s mocktail is simple. First, freeze water in snowflake shaped ice cube trays before the party. When it’s time to serve, be sure to use clear glasses so the kids can enjoy the visual appeal. Place the frozen snowflake ice cubes in the bottom of the glass. Next, add blue cotton candy in the glass, then pour water over it and watch the magic happen!
Frozen themed favours using candy floss
All the kids can take their own lump of Arendelle snow home with them with candy floss party favours.
Cotton candy making machines
If you are going to use a lot of cotton candy at a party, say if you can giving away 30 cotton candy favours, it makes a lot of sense to invest in a cotton candy maker, which are available to buy at around $45. You could also then decorate your whole Frozen-themed party venue with cotton candy snow!