For something completely different at a Frozen-themed birthday tea party, why not try these cinnamon-sugar snowflakes?
You’re going to love how easy these snowflakes are to make. Only four ingredients and they’re ready in ten minutes. The kids could even cut the snowflakes themselves!
- Flour or whole wheat tortillas
- 2 vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray
- Powdered sugar
- Cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 c.
- Microwave tortillas, one at a time, for 10 seconds on high or until just warm.
- Fold tortillas in half, and then in half again. Fold in half again so it resembles a wedge (it will be thick.)
- Using kitchen scissors, cut triangles, circles and/or squares on the edges of the tortilla, as if you were making a paper snowflake.
- Unfold tortilla and place on large baking sheet(s).
- Brush lightly with oil or coat with cooking spray.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp, turning once.
- Transfer to a wire rack.
- Generously sift powdered sugar over the warm tortillas.